A Relationship that brings Peace and Hope
History is defined as:
1. Knowledge dealing with past events.
2. A written narrative in order of time, as related to a particular people, country, person, etc.
How can I deal with my past so my past does not deal with me in a negative way? We can look to the past, learn and embrace what God has written to His creation, us. We need God to help us. It can just be a History lesson, but can be turned from just history into a living reality. It all starts with a personal relationship with Jesus. He is the humanity of God revealing himself to His creation.
Life can be hard at times. The memories of the past can be dragged into our daily life and affect our future in a negative way, there is no peace or joy.
If I am to be free from my past, and experience the blessing of every day life, only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can help me.
Question: Will I ask God for Help and receive His blessing on my life?
Bible: John chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd cares for His sheep (People). Specifically His sheep are secure and He cares for their welfare. John 10 Is about a relationship with His Sheep and their eternal security.
1. They have eternal life. Because it is not conditional - it is eternal.
2. Eternal life is a gift that cannot be earned by works but by His grace. Grace is unmerited favor I do not deserve. In His love He did not give us what we deserved, rejection, spiritual separation from God. In His mercy He gave us what we did not deserve, forgiveness of sins.
3. His sheep cannot be lost by bad works. Romans 11:6. His promise, His sheep cannot perish, His promise cannot be broken (Verse 29). The Jews, the religious leaders knew HISTORY, but they refused to believe it and wanted to stone Jesus, even after telling them in verse 30 - "I and the father are one".
Jesus has a 3 fold relationship with His sheep:
1. A loving relationship - He died on the cross as payment for the sins for the sheep.
2. A living relationship - He cares for the sheep.
3. A lasting relationship - He keeps His sheep. Not one is lost.
Examine the History: John 10:30 - I and the Father are one. John 17:21 read a statement of His deity. He came down from Heaven John 6. Miracles. Jesus existed before Abraham lived. John 8:58 Jesus prophesied in the Old Testament of His Birth (Isaiah 7:14).
The Religious rulers
Rulers: They knew Abraham - they knew all the prophecies of Jesus coming, yet they plotted to kill Him. They were spiritually blind, they refused to believe. They put on a good show, looked good on the outside but on the inside they were full of sin.
John 10:11 - I am the Good Shepherd: Jesus lays down His life for the sheep. Have you heard His voice and trusted in Him?
John 10:4 He is the Son of God. Do you believe the history? Have you given yourself to Him and received eternal life? This needs to come from the heart not just a few words that sound good. Question: Are you part of His sheep fold?
Go to the Journal entry "You are no accident", and read Roman 10:9-10;13. Today you can have eternal life? A personal relationship with Jesus? Jesus forgives our past, He gives us peace for today and hope for tomorrow.
John 8:24 ... I say to you that you will die in your sins: for unless you believe I am He, you will die in your sins.