THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
The work of the Holy Spirit is of utmost importance in the life of anyone who believes in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ,
not an intellectual exercise but an internal heart felt decision. Intellectually a decision is nothing more than a thought or following rules
and regulations, from the heart one enters into a living faith, a life style called Christianity. I do not have to follow the rules,
I desire to obey to please my Lord (1). The Holy Spirit equips the believer to live the Christian life in the will and power of God.
A living testimony of God the Father, God the Son, Jesus died for forgiveness of my sin and God the Holy Spirit to strengthen, teach,
comfort and convict the believer, not to condemn but to bring His creation to Himself.
The Holy Spirit is God and equal to the Father and the Son. Don't speak of Him as "It" or as an influence. He is God the Holy Spirit.
In the Bible He is distinct from the Father and the Son. In the Genesis account of creation, He is active in the work of creation,
along with the Father and the Son. One God the Father, Creator and sustainer of all life, God the Son, the humanity of God revealing
himself to mankind, God the Holy Spirit, the power of God at work in believers.
3 different ministries of one God.
Illusration: Water, 3 manifestations, water - steam - ice all from one source = water.
An egg, the shell, the yoke and egg white = one egg.
Understanding the Holy Spirit will make a stronger Christian in serving God in this upside down world we live in.
Jesus PROMISED the Holy Spirit will come and comfort believers (2). What will the Holy Spirit do for mankind?
Sin separates us from God. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin and unbelief (3). God reveals to his creation, why we are separated (4).
There is good and evil in this world. We see it everyday on TV, radio and even experience it in our culture. Who is the author of this (5)?
Upon believing in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ one has become a new person, a child of God through
regeneration by the Holy Spirit (6). Upon accepting Jesus Christ as savior, you enter into a personal relationship with God the Holy Spirit
who indwells the believer with His power, God the Holy Spirit (7). When you buy a house a down payment is made to secure the property
and so it is with coming to Jesus Christ (8).
The believer is baptized by the Holy Spirit (9). God wants to use you to accomplish His purpose in your life.
Getting drunk will surely confuse anyone or letting a problem in life over take us to the point that problem rules our lives,
usually worry, to the point it keeps us from letting God help us deal with the problem by the help of the Holy Spirit (10).
God's power, to those who believe, works in and through believers as they obey the Word of God. This will be a witness to those around you (11).
Believers have an old nature we are born with and a new nature as a child of God, they are in conflict with each other. Old habits that are
contrary to God's Word pop up! How can I deal with them and do God's will for my life (12).
1. Romans 10:9, 10 - 13 . that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead,
you will be saved: for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For WHO EVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.
2. John 16:7 .... the Comforter will come unto you; but if I (Jesus) depart, I will send him (Holy Spirit) unto you.
3. John 16:9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me (Jesus).
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
4. Romans 10:3-4. For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the
righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Philippians 3:3 ... putting no confidence in the flesh (Myself apart from God).
5. John 16:11. and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged (Satan).
6. John 3:5 - Titus 3:5. Jesus answered, "Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration
and renewing by the Holy Spirit.
7. 1 Corinthians 6; 19-20. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God,
and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God with your body.
8. Ephesians 1:13-14. In Him you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation - having also believed,
you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise. Who is given as a pledge of your inheritance, with a view to the praise of His glory.
9. 1 Corinthians 12:13. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jew or Greek, weather slaves or free,
and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
10. Ephesians 5:18. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit.
11. Acts 1:8. but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses ...
12. Galatians 5:16-18. But I say, walk in the spirit, and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh.
For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh:
They are opposed to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But you are led by the Spirit ....
Next paper: Evidence of God the Holy Spirit working in a Christians life!